John Wes Townley, No. 09 ToyotaCare Toyota Tundra, Texas Preview
Event/Date: World WinStar Casino 400 – June 8, 2012
Venue: Texas Motor Speedway
- This Week’s ToyotaCare Toyota Tundra … John Wes Townley will pilot RAB Racing Chassis No. 48 in Friday’s World WinStar Casino 400 at Texas Motor Speedway. This chassis last saw action at Charlotte Motor Speedway, where the 22-year-old driver brought home a 16th-place finish.
- Townley at Texas … While Townley has not yet raced at Texas Motor Speedway in Camping World Truck Series competition, he has raced there before. In two NASCAR Nationwide Series starts at the Fort Worth track, Townley posted a career-best finish of 18th in the 2009 running of the O’Reilly Challenge.
- RAB at Texas… In addition to Townley’s two starts at the 1.5-mile quad-oval, RAB Racing with Brack Maggard fielded five additional Nationwide Series entries from 2010 to 2012 with drivers Chad McCumbee, Brian Scott, Ryan Truex and Kenny Wallace. The team’s best showing at the one-mile oval is a 13th-place finish, which was posted by Wallace last November.
- After Six Races… Over the first six NASCAR Camping World Truck Series races of the 2012 season, Townley has accumulated three top-20 finishes, an average starting position of 22.2 and an average finish of 18.2. The Watkinsville, Ga. native has completed 99.3 percent of the laps he’s contested (892 of 898) thus far.
- RAB Racing in 2012… With six races completed in the 2012 season, RAB Racing’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series entries have recorded one top-five and four top-20 finishes with drivers Travis Kvapil and Townley.
- Get to the Points … Townley’s third consecutive 16th-place finish helped boost him and team owner Robby Benton each two positions in their respective point standings, with Townley advancing to 19th in the driver points and Benton climbing to 12th in the owner standings
- Meet the Driver … Fans can meet Townley on Friday, June 8 when he participates in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series group autograph session, between gates 6 and 7 at Texas Motor Speedway, from 4:30 – 5:30 p.m. CDT
- Catch the Action … The World WinStar Casino 400 from Texas Motor Speedway will be televised live Friday, June 8 beginning at 8:30 p.m. EDT on SPEED and broadcast live on the Motor Racing Network. Qualifying will be televised live Friday, June 7 beginning at 7 p.m. EDT on SPEED.
John Wes Townley Quotes
“I am looking forward to racing at Texas Motor Speedway. The track is a lot like Charlotte Motor Speedway in the sense of the setup and lines we run. Texas definitely has its unique characteristics though. It’s a fast racetrack and I’m excited to see how things go. I always appreciate Toyota’s support and it’s an honor to have ToyotaCare on our No. 09 Toyota Tundra this weekend.”
Chris Rice Quotes
“I really enjoy Texas Motor Speedway because it’s a racer’s racetrack. It has bumps, and you can run wide open in the truck for a long period of time. This weekend’s race is going to be like it was at Charlotte Motor Speedway; all the practice is during the day and then the race is at night. Texas is windy this time and year and has an average 20 degree temperature drop from day to night. It will be challenging, but we are bringing chassis No. 48, a great ToyotaCare Toyota Tundra that ran well at Charlotte.”